Skip to main content

Secrets and Gardens




I'm not a huge fan of keeping secrets, and in terms of style secrets, those are my favourite ones to share with the world. Gardens, however, are my weakness.

The Garden. I love plants and I love flowers and I love colours, so I love gardens. Being able to find a new or hidden garden that you haven't seen before is like finding treasure, and I'm always a little too excited to run around among the plants. Even in this little backyard garden, you can see how ecstatic I was to see the little plant babies still with their dew coats on.

The Secret. Here it goes...Believe it or not, the black top I'm wearing isn't actually a top, it's a dress! The lace neckline of the dress was so delicate, I really wanted to pair it with this flowy skirt for a very romantic look. One of my long time favourite style tricks is wearing shorter dresses or rompers under longer, fuller skirts. It's such an easy way to maximise the pieces you already have, and no one ever knows your secret! 







I'm wearing:
Sandals - Payless
Skirt - Thrifted

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket Hat

 An idea for an outfit can be formed in many different ways: sometimes it's the way you're feeling, a colour you want to try, the way the weather is on that day. And sometimes it starts with a bucket hat.

Dancing in the Gloom

  Hello world, and for the first time, welcome to my blog!